Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fat Kids & Adults

There's an article in todays newspaper about obesity in children. Now they want to give them cholesterol medication, fat free milk (then they'll complain of brittle bones) and what have you.Anyone think of lowering their caloric intake and and getting them to do some physical activity on a daily basis? Granted thanks to lawyers and lawsuits pick -up games of baseball, football, dodge ball and the like don't exist. I don't think they've outlawed playing tag or going for walks or runs yet. In my mind outside of the small 5-10% of people who have a metabolic problem (or are on certain medications) the reason the rest of them be they kids or adults are morbidly or grossly obese is because they eat to much and don't do anything because they are lazy. Get up to answer the phone instead of keeping it with you anything to move a little.I can still get into my uniform from '82. No I don't go to gyms or workout. I stay active, I go on the walking path when I can, I walk my dogs, I cut my lawn (not with a riding lawn mower) I do my own yard work. In parking lots I park far away so I have to walk. I watch what I eat and when, the bigger meal you have before you go to bed the fatter you get. The biggest meal should be breakfast so you can burn the calories before you lie down. I read that after you turn 30 your body doesn't metabolize food the same way so if you want to stay the same weight you have to maintain the same activity and eat less.If your not one of the 5-10% stop whining the problem is YOU you are lazy stop eating and do some exercise.
__________________

No comments: