Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lowes Home Improvement

I'm not a big fan of mega stores or chains, I feel they killed the American dream, no one can start with nothing and build themselves a living anymore.

However right is right and fair is fair and when they do something decent and customer friendly they should be acknowledged for doing such.

A year ago in March I purchased a quantity of laminate flooring. Do to life and the interesting things that happen to you as your living it I wasn't able to install it until this March, or at least try to install it.
This floor would not go together. A friend of mine who builds barns was helping me install it and we had trouble getting the pieces to interlock and when they did and you walked on them 1/2 of them unlocked. We tried for about 5 hours on a Sat, I tried by myself most of the day Sunday the floor was worthless I couldn't get it to work.

On Monday I called Lowes and explained the situation. They told me a manager from the store I bought it at would contact me in 24 hours. Yeah sure, OK I'll wait. You know it happened. Eric from the Wallingford CT store called me. Again I explained the situation and the time frame a year had just about past. I expected to be blown off ignored told forget it it was to late. That didn't happen Eric was very professional he asked questions told me I had to find the receipt so he could give me credit. I was astounded. I dug out the receipt brought it down to him, he did his paper work a Lowes truck came to my house picked up all the flooring and padding as well as tools for a full credit. They then delivered the new hard wood and tile floor, (no more laminate).

I had heard they stand behind their products but I didn't expect it to this extent. Eric and the others I met, the men who picked up the old floor and those who delivered the new, the people at the courtesy desk were all professional, helpful and courteous a credit to Lowes. Based on this experience I would recommend Lowes to anyone.

Jimmy Bonz

No comments: